StarCraft® II

If there's gg, why no bg?

(Locked)

All of us experience bad games but how come i've never seen someone saying bg? It's always gg even if it's bad.

gg=good game
bg=bad game

If it was a crap game from my perspective (ie cheese) then I just leave without saying gg.
its kinda bad sportsmanship.

even if its a bad game for you, or the opponent cheesed you, its still their win. so gg
So what if it 'was there win'... They won with cheap tactics and thus it was not a 'good game'. Saying GG when it wasn't a GG doesn't make sense to me so I don't do it.
you can just leave... although most victims of cheese tend to type a truckload of obscenity before leaving
Well I don't do that lol... I don't rage... But I would say it does annoy me slightly... =P
Edited by Tharros on 9/11/2010 1:35 AM PDT
If you went and lost a game of soccer, would you tell their players it was a bad game? Sportsmanship, congratulating the other players, that's why you say GG.
Again, cheese in SC2 is akin to a football (yes that is what it is called =P) team that hacks, wastes time and dives. Would you say good game to those players after losing? I wouldn't.
If you went and lost a game of soccer, would you tell their players it was a bad game? Sportsmanship, congratulating the other players, that's why you say GG.

what i meant is that if you had bad play and they themselves didn't enjoy the game and thought it was boring, should there be gg? I do not think so.

Like playing a soccer game where you lost the game with bad play and the opponents themselves thought the game was boring, saying "it was a good game" would be a total lie and wouldn't be appropriate, would it?
Edited by Joniro on 9/11/2010 3:21 AM PDT
I just see GG as a part of the game.
I don't say GG because the game I just played was good, I say it as a means of respect for the game it's self(Starcraft2).

So just look at it this way if the game you just played sucks cos of cheese that still doesn't make Starcraft 2 suck.

Respect the game, the people that cheese may rank up faster but they wont get better at the game, in the end getting better is all that matters fast rank means nothing if you suck at the game 8D
Goodbye VS Badbye?

It is more of a SC online custome now, the original meaning has been fading
Edited by PitchBlack on 9/11/2010 2:31 AM PDT
GG to me is a term of surrender/I had a fun time, means I can't keep it up, so I bow out.
Saying GG before you crush somebody just makes you seem overconfident. One guy did it to me, took my old base, followed with a "??" He was promptly medivac dropped in the back of his base. Yes I did still win.
Still, if someone cheeses, I rarely say GG to them. Why? because they refused to play a good game, 'all's fair in love and war' I know. But it's like having a rigged ball in soccer that is attracted to your feet somehow, using magnetism or something...
hmm, i'm writing that down...
Sometimes leave without saying nothing is better than saying something
if there was an option for bg and gg, bg would always be used for epeen purposes.
Because in comparison with GG, BG is an impolite sarcasm and may drive your opponent very upset. We should keep our reputation free from all slurs.
Agreed... I don't really understand what BG denotes for..
Oh that reminds me one time someone rushed me with Drones or SCV(I don' remember) at the start(I was P) I still said GG, & then followed with "That was mean". lol
the way i see it, gg is just good sportsmanship, like shaking hands after a sporting match. no one is forcing you to do it, it's just good manners. if i actually did think a game was really good, i'll actually chat to my opponent with real words that form sentences :)
the way i see it, gg is just good sportsmanship, like shaking hands after a sporting match. no one is forcing you to do it, it's just good manners. if i actually did think a game was really good, i'll actually chat to my opponent with real words that form sentences :)

yes GG is a form of surrender/respect to your opponent. It is accepting defeat. May it be cheese or whatever, it wasn't illegal and you had both started with 6 miners and a single base so all is fair.

It's part of a game. It also adds an element of surprise and of the unknown that is really quite exciting. One player comes to mind when I think of cheese. It is "The Emperor" or BOXER. bunker rush? mass zerglings? nuke rush? mass lockdown? floating barracks etc... he did it all. He is known for his unconventional play and micro. He might have the best micro control of all the players ever. arguably the best terran and best starcraft player ever.

And that player cheeses way too much on national tv and major tournaments.
GG stands for 'Good Game'. It's meaning has no interpretation; Good Game means Good Game. If it was not a Good Game then saying BG, meaning Bad Game, seems much more appropriate.

If I get 'cheesed' I usually facepalm, because frankly I should be able to spot it and stop it in time by now, type GG and quit. If the Opponent simply rushes, such as a Worker Rush, 6 Pool Rush, M Rush, Zealot Rush, I usually type BG because quitting because I didn't have any fun. They didn't want to play Starcraft II, they wanted to Win.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]